Saturday, February 27, 2016

SW ~ Blends Game

Saturday mornings consist of getting up, drinking a pot of coffee and tackling what I couldn't get prepared for next week's teaching BEFORE anyone else gets up.  Needless to say, I get up VERY early on Saturday.

I am working on companion activities for Rex, LLI Orange kit book 2 for our Kindergarten intervention students.  I noticed that two of the words are action words starting with sw:  swing & swim.  As most of the students I work with at the kindergarten level have articulation difficulties, I decided to focus on sw blends as an extension.

I always send these activities to our special education teachers including our SLP who works directly with these kids as well.  "Double-dipping" as well as seeing the same ideas and activities in more than one environment is best for "cementing" learning.

Picture cards:  Vocabulary Practice and Onset & Rime Practice





SW Board Game:  Roll and Speak for Auditory Bombardment and Practice

This game can be found in my TPT Store:  {LINK}.
This game can  be used with any companion book or in isolation as needed.
 Here are a few suggestions for you:






0 comments:

Post a Comment