Sunday, May 5, 2013

Frogs! Level 1 National Geographic Kids by Elizabeth Carney ~Lexile 420





My new favorite nonfiction readers are by National Geographic Kids.  This week I am focusing on frogs, their life cycle, metamorphosis and interesting facts.  Frogs! by Elizabeth Carney is the perfect resource for this topic!  The pictures are engaging, vocabulary is understandable and easy to internalize and the text features are perfect for teaching students to cue into.  I love the little question and answer boxes included. There is a section on toads as well.  This is a very nicely written book. I will be ordering many more National Geographic Kids readers for my library.




I bought Deanna Jump's Frog Frenzy unit from Teachers Pay Teachers.  The songs, clip-art, social studies integration and games are worth the cost.  {Link}


Link to order this fabulous book:



Happy Reading,




0 comments:

Post a Comment